How to Take a Relaxing Shower
You probably take a shower almost every day. You might as well do it right and take a relaxing shower. You will need A natural-bristle body brush A loofah Soap or body wash A bath towel Moisturizer A sauna Rosemary oil A pH-balanced cleanser and a 100 percent Egyptian cotton bath towel.
- Step 1. Before showering, rub your skin with a natural-bristle body brush to loosen dead skin. Start at your feet and brush upward.
- Step 2. Adjust the water to a warm temperature; very hot water dries out the skin. If you have access to a sauna, spend five minutes beforehand working up a sweat to open your pores.
- Step 3. Wash your hair first and body last. Scrubbing strips your skin of some of its natural oils — after which you don’t want it exposed to harsh, hot water for long.
- Step 4. Lather up a loofah with the cleanser of your choice. Because it dries completely between uses, it’s less likely to attract bacteria than a washcloth. Plus, it exfoliates your skin. If you have dry or sensitive skin, use a pH-balanced cleanser.
- Step 5. Scrub your body from top to bottom, in that order. You want the dirt to head down the drain! Add rosemary oil to your loofah and rub any dimply areas. Fluid retention contributes to cellulite, and rosemary is a natural diuretic.
- Step 6. Give your body a five-second blast of cold water right before you turn off the water; it improves circulation and helps tighten skin.
- Step 7. _Gently_ pat yourself dry with a bath towel; you don’t want to rub away your skin’s natural oils. Towels made of 100% Egyptian cotton are stronger, softer, and more absorbent than those made of other fabrics.
- Step 8. For better absorption, apply moisturizer while your skin is still damp. Did you know The average shower in the United States lasts minutes..